Minto Explorations Ltd is a Yukon based mining company that operates the Minto copper, gold mine. It is located 240 kilometres north along the Klondike Highway from the capital Whitehorse.
Minto is looking to build its work force and is looking for a range of candidates who would like to become part of a dynamic, team-oriented, and performance-driven environment.
We are seeking Millwright for a full time/regular position. The role will be based at the Minto mine, which is a camp-based operation with a two week on/two week off rotation.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have:
- Valid Red Seal Interprovincial Journeyman Certificate as a Millwright;
- Basic welding skills;
- Mining industry experience desired;
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics and desire to positively impact the environment;
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships;
- Ability to work with a diverse cross-cultural workforce;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Physically fit to perform the duties of the position.
- Assemble, repair, install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators per layout plans using hand and power tools;
- Install and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls;
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery;
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during repair or set-up of machinery;
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery;
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures;
- Perform pre-operational checks, and operate equipment per Safe Operating Procedures;
- Monitor equipment and processes and ensure equipment deficiencies and operational issues are reported clearly;
- Conduct trouble shooting activities when problems arise;
- Complete Report Sheets and Daily Log Books;
- Ensure that safety issues are reported and promptly remedied;
- Demonstrate safety leadership within a team environment and promote environmental awareness in all work or task related duties;
- Maintain a high standard of performance in your duties;
- Be an effective communicator in English (verbal and written) at all levels, including keeping your cross-shift and other team members fully informed at all times;
- Participate in site specific training;
- Comply with company standards, as well as Yukon Territory and Canadian federal standards;
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required by the Company.
Priority consideration will be given to Selkirk First Nation citizens, Northern Tutchone citizens, Yukon First Nations and residents of Yukon Territory.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
APPLY TO MINTO
To apply for this position, complete the application form below and upload your resume and cover letter.