Minto Explorations Ltd is a Yukon-based mining company that operates the Minto copper, gold mine. It is located 240 kilometers north along the Klondike Highway from the capital Whitehorse. Minto is looking to build its workforce and is looking for a range of candidates who would like to become part of a dynamic, team-oriented, and performance-driven environment.
We are seeking a Database Administrator for a full-time/regular position. The role will be based at one of our satellite offices in either Whitehorse, YT, or Calgary, AB. This role will support our remote mine site working closely with our Exploration and Geology teams and is responsible for updating and maintaining the geoscientific database for the Company.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have:
- Post-secondary education preferably in the sciences; preference would be Geosciences
- Strong computer literacy, working within Microsoft platform, advanced skills working in spreadsheets and database programs; familiarity with maxgeo DataShed and LogChief an asset
- Knowledge and prior work experience in Exploration/Mining geochemical techniques and 3rd party laboratories;
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently;
- High attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Highly organized, strong time management and prioritization skills;
- Solid understanding of remote or camp-based environments an asset;
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics and desire to positively impact the organization through service and delivery;
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships;
- Ability to work with a diverse cross-cultural workforce;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Physically fit to perform the duties of the position.
- Importing and maintenance of assay and geochemical data;
- Compilation and reporting of results weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually;
- Quality assurance and quality control monitoring and reporting;
- Maintenance and management of the Check Assay program
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures;
- Completes all training required by the Company;
- Maintains working knowledge of current systems and tools used by the company and provides reports using these in a timely manner;
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required by the Company.
Priority consideration will be given to Selkirk First Nation citizens, Northern Tutchone citizens, Yukon First Nations and residents of Yukon Territory.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
APPLY TO MINTO
To apply for this position, complete the application form below and upload your resume and cover letter.