Minto Explorations Ltd is a Yukon-based mining company that operates the Minto copper, gold mine. It is located 240 kilometers north along the Klondike Highway from the capital Whitehorse.
Minto is looking to build its workforce and is looking for a range of candidates who would like to become part of a dynamic, team-oriented, and performance-driven environment.
We value safety at Minto and as such, we abide by the regulations set forth by Transport Canada and the Government of Canada. Due to the nature of our operation, vaccines will be mandatory as we are a fly-in/fly-out facility and proof of vaccines will be required for all air passengers.
We are seeking all-level Miners for a full-time/regular position. The role will be based at the Minto mine, which is a camp-based operation with a three-week on/three-week off rotation.
The Ideal Candidate
- 2-7 years related mining experience;
- Experience working in a remote mining or industrial environment;
- Must be eligible to work in Canada;
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships;
- Ability to work with a diverse cross-cultural workforce;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Must be able to perform difficult physical work for extended periods of time;
- Must be comfortable working in an underground environment;
- Must have miner training and certifications;
- Valid blasting ticket is an asset;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Physically fit to perform the duties of the position.
- May be involved with using equipment to drill, blast or move rock containing copper;
- May be involved in drilling and blasting to create continuous development underground;
- Involved in installing ground support;
- Operating and hauling of muck and ore to pads to be processed by the mill;
- Practice and actively promote company environmental, health, safety and operational policies and procedures;
- Ensure that safety issues are reported and promptly remedied;
- Demonstrate safety leadership within a team environment and promote environmental awareness in all work or task-related duties;
- Maintain a high standard of performance in your duties;
- Be an effective communicator in English (verbal and written) at all levels, including keeping your cross-shift and other team members fully always informed
- Participate in site-specific training;
- Comply with company standards, as well as Yukon Territory and Canadian federal standards;
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required by the Company.
Priority consideration will be given to Selkirk First Nation citizens, Northern Tutchone citizens, Yukon First Nations and residents of Yukon Territory.
APPLY TO MINTO
To apply for this position, complete the application form below and upload your resume and cover letter.