Minto operates the producing Minto mine located in the Minto Copper Belt, Yukon. The Minto mine has been in operation since 2007 with underground mining commencing in 2014. Since 2007, approximately 475Mlbs of copper have been produced from the Minto mine. The current mine operations are based on underground mining, a process plant to produce high-grade copper, gold and silver concentrate and all supporting infrastructure associated with a remote location in Yukon.
The Minto property is located west of the Yukon River, about 20 km WNW of Minto Landing, the latter on the east side of the river, and approximately 250 road-km north of the City of Whitehorse, the capital city of Yukon.
Minto has exciting opportunities to become part of our team, come join the fast-paced performance-driven environment.
We are seeking an underground Mobile Maintenance Supervisor for a full time/regular position. The role will be based at the Minto mine, which is a camp-based operation on a three week on/three week off rotation.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have;
- 8-10 years mobile maintenance experience, preferably in mining environment;
- Interprovincial journeyman trade certificate;
- Previous supervisory experience an asset;
- Good working knowledge with MS Office suite of software.
- Experience working in a remote mining or industrial environment;
- Must be eligible to work in Canada;
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships;
- Ability to work with a diverse cross-cultural workforce;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Standard First Aid Certificate;
- Physically fit to perform the duties of the position.
- First line supervision of Mine Maintenance Crew;
- Maintain production goals and objectives as a team;
- Plan and organize maintenance jobs safely and within a budget;
- Ensure Federal/Yukon Trade Codes and Regulations remain in compliance;
- Skills assessments and effective deployment of personnel;
- Performance reports and remedial action as required;
- Daily work assignments, supervisory direction and follow-ups;
- Monitor and coach crew members to ensure repairs, rebuilds, installation and fabrication are performed efficiently, effectively and ensuring that proper mill operations and safety procedures are adhered to;
- Practice and actively promote company environmental, health, safety and operational policies and procedures;
- Ensure that safety issues are reported and promptly remedied;
- Demonstrate safety leadership within a team environment and promote environmental awareness in all work or task related duties;
- Maintain a high standard of performance in your duties;
- Be an effective communicator in English (verbal and written) at all levels, including keeping your cross-shift and other team members fully always informed
- Participate in site specific training;
- Comply with company standards, as well as Yukon Territory and Canadian federal standards;
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required by the Company.
APPLY TO MINTO
To apply for this position, complete the application form below and upload your resume and cover letter.